-->

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Carrot Cake Ice Cream

Many of you know I'm also very passionate about cooking. I developed this recipe yesterday and man, is it good. Not only that, it's vegan and good for you! I'm entering it into the Galaxy Ice Cream contest. I'm so happy with how it turned out, I don't really care if I win, because, according to the fam (even the picky 5 year old!), I already have. :)

Carrot Cake Ice Cream
Creamy ice cream that tastes like carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. YUM.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked over night to soften
2 8-ounces Galaxy Vegan Cream Cheese Alternative
1 cup carrot juice
1 cup of soy milk
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbs lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tsp imitation butter extract

Directions:
24 hours prior to making ice cream, put ice cream maker's canister in the freezer and cover raw cashews with water to soak in fridge.

Next day, drain cashews and put them in a food processor. Process until they turn to fine crumbs. Add brown sugar and half of the carrot juice and process again until smooth and creamy. Add remaining ingredients and blend until completely smooth. (If using a small food processor, blend in half the cream cheese and soy milk at a time, pour the batches into a bowl and stir to combine.)

Place the ice cream mixture in the refrigerator and let it chill for 2 hours.

Freeze the ice cream mixture according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

Place the soft ice cream in the freezer and chill 2 hours before serving.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I made the carrot cake ice cream. I was pleasantly surprised by how tasty it was. I think you could do a lot of experimenting with this recipe to add different favors. Thanks.

    Mica
    Best Reviews for Round Rock Tow Truck

    ReplyDelete