-->

Thursday, January 31, 2013

2013 Contemporary A Cappella Recording Award Nominees

The 2013 Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards just announced the 2013 nominees and I'm so thrilled to say that Ive been nominated- and not just one nomination, but FOUR.

Album nomination
Patchwork Life: Best Pop/Rock Album

Song Nominations
Tunnel Vision: Best Electronic/Experimental Song, Best Professional Original Song, and Best Song By A Solo Performer

It's such an honor to see my name along side so many widely known and extremely talented artists- people who you've probably seen on TV, people who's songs land high in the Billboard charts... and here I am, with my debut album, right in the thick of it. This is also very validating as a songwriter because, although I'm known for my (metric tons of) cover songs, the work that was nominated was original material. And if you've been following me for quite a while, you *might* remember the very first thing I ever posted as a teaser for the Patchwork Life album was a snippet of Tunnel Vision even before it was mixed.

The awards are decided by a panel of judges and the winners will be announced on April 5 at an awards ceremony in Boston, MA.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment